Dear Sisters and Brothers in Christ:
It’s very hard to believe that we have endured the challenges of the COVID-19 Pandemic for a year now. While all of us have worked very hard to keep everyone safe, the impact of our efforts has affected every aspect of our lives at Peace Lutheran Church. We know it has not been easy to adjust to streamed services or outdoor gatherings or limited contact with other members, family, and friends, but our primary mission has been to provide worship gatherings that are safe for all members and visitors. Council has been and continues to make decisions month by month based on the changing guidelines from the state of Michigan, the CDC, various denominational judicatories, COVID case reports and the progress of vaccine distribution in our state. We are finally beginning to see some positive progress. Thus, on behalf of Council, we want to share the following course of action for March and April:
- One streaming worship service on Sunday mornings at 9:00 a.m. during March 14 and 21.
- Drive-In and streaming services on Palm and Easter Sundays (March 28 and April 4) at 9:00 AM.
- Streamed services on Maundy Thursday (April 1) and Good Friday (April 2) at 7:00 PM.
- A streamed Wednesday Bible study on our website, Facebook, and YouTube pages at 9:00 a.m.
- In-Person Worship at 9:00 AM beginning Sunday, April 11 following Safe COVID Guidelines including:
- Proper use of masks (cover nose and mouth) within the building.
- Limited seating with physical distancing (6 feet) unless seated with a family member or accepted friend.
- Humming, not singing, during music responses and hymns.
- An online only service of Evening Prayer on Thursdays at 7:00 p.m.
- Building use by groups approved by Council on a case-by-case basis with the following the guidelines above (food before, during or after the event is not permitted).
We are in the midst of the Lenten season. Please know that the virtual platforms are not intended to be a replacement or a substitute for face-to-face services. Our use of technology is designed to allow you to experience connection to each other and worship together even though the shared space is not within Church walls. We thank you for your support in all that we are doing, and we look forward to seeing you online, at the Drive-In services on Palm Sunday and Easter as well as April 11 when we safely open our doors to resume in person gatherings. If you choose to wait to engage in face to face services, the streaming service will be available to you as it has been during the past year.
Our organ repairs are completed. The Wicks Organ Company has done an outstanding job refurbishing this grand instrument. We continue to be grateful for the generous response to the Organ Fund and we can hardly wait for you to hear the joyous sounds of the organ in the near future.
The Rev. Travis W. Wilson
Dr. Debra Berkey